Navigation

Thursday, March 21, 2013

G.I.-JOE: Retaliation Movie Preview Amazon.com 4-Pack Review (Part 1)

With G.I.-JOE: Retaliation about to hit movie theaters next week,
I thought it might be a good time to review the
G.I.-JOE: Retaliation Movie Preview Amazon.com 4-Pack
Containing: Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, Roadblock, and Snake Eyes

Even though this pack was originally released sometime in 2012 before the movie was supposed to come out before it was pushed back til this year and all the toys related to it that were put on the shelves last year were quickly taken off and sent back to Hasbro.
But anyway let's get back to the pack, shall we?

Today we will start off with the packaging and the unboxing of it.
 In these following days before the release of G.I.-Joe: Retaliation, I'll be posting reviews of each of the figures here and then my overall thoughts on this pack as a whole.

Click below to read my thoughts on this pack and for more pictures after the jump!

The Packaging

Well I suppose we can start off with the packaging.
I don't believe I have mentioned this before but I do like good looking and possibly reusable packaging and usually rather keep it than throw it away (though I've recently thrown out a lot of the packaging I had saved for a whilesince I just don't have the room for it anymore).
First it comes in this pretty simple yet cool looking box.
My little Lego Cobra Troops (Wips) are helping with the unboxing.
Once you open the box...It's another box in a box! Boxseption! xD Yeah...anyway continuing on.
This is the front of the box that came out of the other box.
Here is shows our heroes Road Block and Snake Eyes.
This is how most of the packaging for the toy line looks
The packaging is pretty cool with the coloring and things here but sadly this design looks pretty plain and boring when you see it on the all single pack action figures and vehicles. I'm not exactly sure why that is but then again the G.I.-JOE toyline has almost always had really cool and unique packaging designs and always stood out from all the other toys.
Here we have the back view of the box which showcases the characters
in a similar fashion to the old school Joes from packaging from the 80's
 I personally think this is a really cool homage to the classics and honestly wish they would've done the packaging in a style like this in the actual toy line than the boring and generic designs they actually went with. I mean the art looks pretty awesome and detailed with the whole design being really cool.
Now here's what the figures look like once you take the lid off the box.
It contains four figures in baggies with their accessories, their display stands, and file cards.
I'm not going to stay on this subject very long but I do want to touch on it.
File cards are awesome! They're usually very well written. They tell you more about the character so that they seem more "real" , giving them back stories,personalities, and show you what their roles are on their respected teams. It really does add to the play value too.
So why is it that Hasbro after like 20 years or so decides to not bother with them anymore? Probably cost. But still! I'm glad they gave us file cards here since it's another really nice homage to the golden days of G.I.-JOE. Shame that none of the other figures in the rest of the actual toy line will have these.
Here is another shot without the file cards in the way.
With that all being said and done, next time we're going to get to where the real action is:
The Action Figures!

 So be sure to check back soon to see the rest of the review!

Yo Joe!!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment