Thursday, November 27, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
It was my first time to be able to vote since I turned 18 this year.
The lines weren't too bad, though there was no line when I got out. ^^'
All and all, I'm glad I got my voice heard.
I did my part, now it's in God's hands. :)
Leave your comments.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
Welcome to my Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Review.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed?
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is the latest installment in the Star Wars saga where you play as Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice: Starkiller.
Now even though I only rented TFU for the Xbox 360 and didn't buy it (at least not yet...) I beat it twice and unlocked all the movies including the Light and Dark Side Endings.
The graphics are beautifully done and really make the characters and environments come alive.
The voice acting is supperb.It's sound effects are good.The music is good too, but I can't help but feel that it sounds like they copied some of John Williams music or maybe they just sound as good as him.
It's very easy to pick up and play. It's a lot of fun Unleashing the Force by pushing,throwing,and electrocuting your enemies.
The Story is awesome and is the main reason why any and every Star Wars fan will want to play this game! But sadly the game is a lot shorter than anyone expected
It's a good place to practice and learn new moves and other stuff.
- Other Stuff
Things like Videos,Pictures, and other stuff like that can be found here, though it doesn't add much to the gameplay experience.
- The Force
Being able to use the force is really cool and really makes the game.
They allow you to play it with things like invincibility, different costumes, and other neat unlockables.
You use a lightsaber so of course it's going to be violent, but there's no blood or any bodily dismemberment.
- Sexual Content
Juno has some cleavage,Shaak Ti wears some tribal outfit,and Juno and Starkiller kiss once, but otherwise there's not much (or any) sexual content in the story at all.
- Rent It
Try it out first and see what you think before buying since it is a short game.
- Age to Play
It's rated T-For-Teen by the ESRB which means 13 and up, I would recommend you just go by the rating.
All and all it's a very fun and entertaining game with a few flaws (Too short). With great graphics and good game play, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is sure to chock you off you seat. So I give this game an 8.5 out of 10 score.
Hope you all liked my latest video game review.
Post you thoughts in the comment box.
Thanks. : )
Friday, September 19, 2008
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Monday, September 1, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Welcome to my Soul Calibur 4 Review (or something like that).
What is Soul Calibur 4?
Soul Calibur 4 is the latest installment in Namco's Soul series of weapon based fighting games that hit North American retailers on July 31.
Now this review might not be the most complete one out there, since I only rented SC4 for the Xbox 360 and didn't buy it (at least not yet...).
The graphics are beautifully done and really make the characters and environments come alive.
It sounds real good. Though some of the voices in the Character Creation Mode (which I'll talk about later) sound a bit weird.
It's very easy to pick up and play even if you've never played any of the Soul series games before (like myself). Unlike a lot of fighting games, you don't have to master millions of different combos and moves to excel in it,but you still can if you want. That's why some call this a Button Masher. Though I enjoyed it for it's simplicity and easy to pick up game play.
- Story: With only five levels and very few cut scenes, there's not much of a story or gameplay. Also "Normal" is more like "Easy" and takes little time to beat,even for a first time player. Though "Hard" is still "Hard" for what I saw.
- Arcade: Like the name suggest, it's like a Arcade where you play against an opponent one-by-one until you beat the the last one (the 8th or 10th I think). Unlike Story Mode, It's pretty challenging.
- Training:It's a good place to practice and learn new moves like combos and other stuff.
- Museum:Things like Videos,Pictures, and other stuff like that can be found here, though it doesn't add much to the gameplay experience.
- Tower of Lost Souls: Here you face a certain amount of opponents each floor as you ascend or descend the tower in order to unlock armor,weapons,clothing, and other accessories. This mode can be painfully hard at times.
- Character Creation: This mode is really cool! Not only can you customize existing characters, but you can also make your own character (as the name states) and equip him or her with various clothes,armors,weapons, and other accessories. Though getting them can be quite a challenge since one of the main ways of getting them is in the Tower of Lost Souls Mode and doing various thing in other modes, you can also buy them after you unlock them.
- Armor destruction: Let's say you (or your opponent) blocks too much there a chance that the armor (one piece for the head, upper body and lower body) will be destroyed and could leave you (or you opponent ) open for a Critical Finisher. It can be pretty cool seeing your opponents armor come off, especially when Hilde's helmet is knocked off, but the only bad thing I could say about it is that your character (or your opponent's) can end up fighting the rest of the match in their underwear (unless you give them different undergarments in CC) it looks kind of odd. It doesn't happen with every character (thankfully) and it doesn't distract from the gameplay too much. ^^'
- Critical Finish: Truth be told, I never preformed a Critical Finish since I hadn't figured out how to preformed one sadly. :( But from the videos I've seen it looks awesome.
- Star Wars: "Reviewer Guy Say What!?" Some of you might be asking yourself that same question and I'm prepared to answer it. Over the years the Soul series has had Console Specific Guest characters since it's second installment with Link (from the Legend of Zelda) on the Nintendo GameCube, Heihachi Mishima (from Tekken) on the PlayStation 2, and the infamous Spawn (from Image Comics) on the Xbox. "What's does this have to do with Star Wars?" You ask, Well...because Yoda (whose in the Xbox 360) Darth Vader (whose on the PlayStation 3) and StarKiller AKA Vader's Apprentice from the upcoming Force Unleashed game (whose in both consoles) are featured in Soul Calibur 4. Yoda and Starkiller are pretty and fun to play as...I wish I could have played as Darth Vader, but I couldn't since I don't have a PlayStation 3 and I don't plan on buying one just play as him.
- Violence: Well it is a fighting game so of course it's going to be violent. You use weapons like swords,axes,spears, and other sharp things to slash,stab, and knock out opponents. Since you're doing all that, you would expect blood and body parts to be all over the place. But instead, there is no blood or any bodily dismemberment which is a big plus in my book since I don't like to play fighting games with lots of blood and bodily dismemberment like Mortal Combat for example.
- Sexual Content: There isn't much (or any) sexual content in the story and stuff. But the outfits on the other hand is a completely different story. Most female characters tend to wear skimpy outfits (excluding Hilde for sure since she wears a full suit of armor). Their alternate outfits seem to be ok, also you can always use CC to make a more modest ones. But it's a bit of a minus in my book since you have characters who wear ridiculously skimpy outfits (Ivy being the worst of all). I mean, did they (Namaco) have to make most of the females' main outfits with so immodest. >:(
- Other Stuff: It's kind of dark.Maybe that's what they were going for. It's still a fun game though.
- Rent It: Try it out first and see what you think before buying.
- Age to Play: Even though it's rated T-For-Teen by the ESRB which means 13 and up, I would recommend 16 and up like the PEGI did in Europe.
All and all it's a very fun and entertaining game with a few flaws (the main one the skimpy outfits). With great graphics and good game play, Soul Calibur 4 is sure to rock your socks off. So I give this game an 8.5 out of 10 score.
Hope you all liked my first video game review.
Post you thoughts in the comment box.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
To see Part One of my review, just scroll down.
Thank You. :)
Now moving of with the rest of my review...
Above we have (from left to right) my Roman Gladiator, Roman Soldier,Roman Legionary, and Sheep.
First, we have my Roman Gladiator who is equipped with a Bronze Gladiator Helmet,a Bronze Gladiator Mask,a pair of Bronze Vambraces (which were reviewed before, but in Sliver)and a Bronze Trident.
The Helmet and the Mask are two separate pieces which allows for great customizability, since you can switch around with the colors or you can just use the helmet by itself or vise versa. They are nice and detailed and look really great together. Though the only the complaint I have is that the helmet can pop off sometimes when the mask is on, other than that...it looks really cool!
Now for the Trident, it is detailed and will look good with your Gladiators or Atlanteans or any Warriors really.
Next, we have a Roman Soldier who has Hero Hair and uses a Gladius.
The Hero Hair is pretty nice and is detailed. Even though it might not look right on every head because it tends to cover up eyebrows and whatnot, it looks great on the right head. Also if you don't put it on all the down on the head it looks good on any head and doesn't cover up the eyebrows ans still allows movement to the head with out falling off.
The Gladius has style and detail that's sharp (literally).
Here, we have a Roman Legionary who wears a Bronze Legionary Helmet with a Red Pilum and he armed with a Bronze Roman Shield and a Bronze Commander Crest (which I'll be calling a spear for the rest of the review).
The Pilum adds detail to the already detailed Legionary Helmet (which is very cool looking).
The Roman Shield (like the Knight Shield) is smooth and looks great!
The Spear is detailed and very nice.
Oops... almost forgot the Sheep. ^^'
Lastly, the Sheep is very Lego like and will fit in with any Setup and sand out. Here is my army guy who's here to show you all the free goodies I received with my order. ^_^
He's has a Grey Hero Hair and he's armed with Brown Military Rifle.
Since I already reviewed the Hero Hair before (see my Roman Soldier above) I review the Military Rifle.
Now truth be told, I really didn't like the military rifle from seeing the pictures since it looked to big to me and it just didn't look right. Now I have one and I think it looks pretty good(especially when being held from the top), maybe a little big though it's still nice and detailed.
All in all, I gotta say that BrickForge has some very nice,detailed and all around great products. Good Customer Service, too. Highly Recommened!
When you place your order, don't forget to tell'em I sent ch'ya!
Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed reading my Review (I'm kind of new to reviewing stuff).
Leave Comments on what you think.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Brick Forge specializes in making custom accessories for LEGO® Minifigures.
It's run by two of the finest minifig customizers around - RedBean & Armothe.
It was a long while since I had last ordered from them and once I saw the new items they came out with after BrickWorld (I wish I could've been there), I had to get my hands on 'em.
So I placed an order with them at their new online store.
My Mom ended up buying them for me as an earily Birthday (which is in four days^-^) present.
After I ordered, it said it would take 5 to 7 days, but instead...it came in three days (that's not even counting Sunday). Awesome! :D
Above are my Holy Crusaders and my Arabic Warrior.
Starting from the Left, we have my Sliver Knight with a Sliver Military Sword
It's more detailed than your avarge Lego sword and looks pretty nice in sliver. It doesn't look bad in Dark Grey either ,as you can see my black robed crusader holding (that sword was from another order from a while back, but I wanted to add the figure to the picture so I did).
Next is my Holy Crusader, which is outfitted with a Sliver Great Helm and a pair of Sliver Vambraces (which are hard to see in this picture, sadly), he armed with a Sliver Hero Sword (I bought it a while, but It looked really cool so...) and a Sliver Knights Sheild.
The Great Helm is very detailed with a cross, eye holes , and other things. The Knights Shield is very nice and smooth and will look great with any Midevil Warrior. The Vambraces are nice and add detail to any fig, though they can restrict movement of the arms if they're not put on right.
Lastly, is the Arabic Wariorr who wears a White Turban and uses a Sliver Khopesh. The Turban is really cool and customizeable, because it's top can be taken off to switch with Arabian Helmet (which I don't have yet) or with other colors, etc. The Khopesh is very unique and a very interesting weapon.
Above are my Custom Space Troopers, which are both outfited with Space Marine Helmets,
Space Marine Visors (Gold and Sliver), and Space Marine Armors.
Doesn't that Armor look familiar?Haven't you seen it before?Doesn't look like something from a EXTREMELY popular video game? If you haven't figured it out yet, it's because it's based of the main character of the popular video game HALO, Master Cheif.
I only need three words to discribes these: Cool , Detailed , Awesome.
The sand green one isn't perfect match with LEGO® Sand Green (which Armothe said will be corrected in the future), but still looks really cool.
Even though I've never played any of the HALO games (big shock...I know, but I'm considering), I really like the Space Marines and can see myself buying more of these (after the restock) to put in my Legoverse
Stay tuned for my "Brick Forge Review Part 2" to find out what else I ended up getting and find out what I think about Brick Forge's items.
Same Place! Same Blog!
Thanks for reading! :)
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Monday, March 31, 2008
I was sick last week with a really crapy flu.
Though thank God I'm better now and recovering! :D
BTW my Fanfiction: Naruto's Quest to find Sasuke has been updated with a new chapter.
See Ya Later!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
I just want to tell you all that I have posted my first fanfiction called:
Naruto's Quest to find Sasuke.
So click the link on the right that says "My Fanfictions" to check it out.
As for my computer (I am on my Uncle's right now) is screwed up thanks to the stupid computer repair guy I took it to before I went to Geek Squad.
BTW I've been wondering if anybody reads my blog or am I just talking to hot air? It's hard to tell.
Please post if you do.
Thank You. :)
Edit: Oops... Now I see why no one could post before. ^^; Fixed now. :)
Well, if you're stil here Please Post.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
My Flickr account has been updated and will be updated during the day with some Naruto Fanart I drew a while back and maybe some pictures of other stuff too. So just click the link on the right to check it all out. ->
Thank you. :)