Navigation

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

G.I.-Joe: Retaliation Trailer

Well yesterday Entertainment Tonight (and thankfully the internet somehow) showed off the premiere trailer for G.I.-Joe: Retaliation
which was  the only reason I was looking forward to Monday. XD
G.I.-Joe is Hasbro's popular military action figures (4inch and 12 icnh) and is the code name of America's highly trained mission force, it prupose is to defend human freedom against COBRA, a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world! Now you know....and knowing is half the battle.                         The other half is watching the trailer and reading my thought's on it. ;) 
Well....It looks awesome to say the least.
 Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson rocks as the character: RoadBlock.
Ray Park looks even cooler as the stealthy ninja Snake Eye this time around since there aren't weird looking lips on his mask. The new additions to the cast also seem to be fitting into the scheme of thing well. 
Also....Cobra Commander! With silver faceplate! YES! Looks Frickkin Awesome!
Coooobra! <3

And the action looks like it's been kicked up a notch (or two) with fairly realistic military and ninja themes.

Though there is one thing I'd like to bring up

While this isn't exactly bad, I do feel a little deja-vu since the story seems quite similar to the recently canceled G.I.-Joe: Renegades cartoon. Though it seems like this will be a bit more of a mature and gritty (?) take on the story. Also...seeing the flag and banners of COBRA being put on the White House was really cool!
Looks like they took some things from the previous G.I.-Joe movie (Rise of Cobra), though I won't mention what since there may be those of you who want to see it (and unlike others, I didn't find it to be the worst thing ever but it wasn't great either. enjoyable then yes. Story...not so great.).
But what I will say is that they took from it was the good things and seems to have left the bad behind.

For now, all I can say is that I can not wait till June 29th 2012 for this movie to come out!
And the Action Figures too!

Yo Joe!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment