Navigation

Friday, December 3, 2010

What I'm Watchig: American Cartoons

Now some of you might have noticed that I really like Anime and have watched my fair share of anime series (and still do!) but never hear I me talk too much 
about American cartoons.
Truthfully, when I was a kid I'd watch cartoons like spongebob,rugrats,doug,powerpuff girls,etc.. all the time.
As I've gotten older however (and lost cable) I haven't really watched cartoons and pretty much lost interest in that kind of media.
Though lately there are a few that have peaked my interest that I've managed to catch.
Find out what they are after the jump!


Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes
I wasn't too excited about it before they aired it on tv but then they decided to put up mini episodes online and I watched them and really like 'em.
Why? Well even with the bright colors and cartoonyness of the show, the story and characters really shined and were well done and not dumbed down.
Then  you have characters like Iron Man, The Hulk, and others that feel like they're from their movies and put in to the same show which almost makes this series like a continuation of the movies.
Also there's appearances of various characters from the vast cast of the Marvel universe.
Enjoying it so far.

GI-Joe Renegades
I like GI-Joe. I've collected the action figures since I was a little kid and still do (though not as much anymore).
I've also like GI-JOE because he's 
"A Real American Hero"!
Also I enjoyed the Movie (Rise of Cobra) even though it wasn't the greatest movie ever ( Cobra Commander didn't wear his KKK mask or his Chrome helmet :( ) 
but it was a fun nevertheless.
Now as for "Renegades", 
when I first saw the artwork for this series I thought it looked terrible but after watching the first two episodes I've warmed up to it a little.
The animation is pretty good, nothing too bad.
For the Story, I think it's not too shabby considering they're going in a whole new direction that hasn't been seen before in the mainstream GI-Joe universe.
Here's how it goes: Instead of being America's elite terrorist fighting force, GI-Joe is now a group on soldiers who are on the run from the government for a crime they didn't commit as they try to clear their names (A-Team anyone?) while fighting Cobra which is no longer a "terrorist organization determined to rule the world" but a global conglomerate that not only has  great public relations but they have bakeries too (yum..Apple pie :P).
I think it's off to a pretty good start and hope it gets better as the series progresses.

Young Justice
I wasn't really interested in this series til I saw a preview clip (see above) and saw the art and heard the voice acting.
This series has the best art of the bunch,slick animation, and some superb voice work.
Besides that I kinda reminds me of the Teen Titans (which was awesome) with it's team of teen crime fighters and the Justice League cartoons because so many characters from the DC universe have already appeared in just the first two episodes.
It's story seems interesting so far.
I think this series could be a good series.

So I guess there are still some American cartoons worth my time and maybe yours too.

Anyway, Thanks for reading.

Hope you enjoyed it. ^^

So what do you think?
You watch cartoons?

No comments:

Post a Comment