Navigation

Sunday, October 10, 2010

More Good Things Come to an End : (

With the fall season upon us, it means that previous anime from the last season must fall...
sorry I like to make puns (confession). ^^;

Three favorites of mine have recently ended.
Find out what they are and see my thought after the jump.
Spoiler Free!
So don't be afraid to read the rest!




Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama

Info:
It's about a girl named Misaki Ayuzawa who becomes president of a Seika High School which is mainly dominated by boys because it was once an all-boys school before becoming a co-ed school.
With the girls in the minority, the boys would tease them, take advantage, and pick on them.
But Misaki takes it into her own hands to reform the school and make it a “girl friendly” place, which in turn makes her the feared (or despised) enemy of (most of) the boys.
Things get interesting when the popular and attractive Usui Takumi discovers a secret of her's that could damage her image and jeopardize everything she has worked for.

How I Started Watching It:
It reminded my of a series I watched awhile back (Skip Beat) and the art was nice.
Also my line-up was lacking some Shojo goodness.
I really enjoyed the series because of the chemistry between the two main characters (so cute! :3) and the rest of the cast (secondary characters). The story was funny and a little serious at times.
Misaki was definitely a favorite of mine. I really liked her tough-as-nails and yet shy attitude.

My Thoughts On How It Ended:
Without spoiling anything, I think it ended nicely. Even if the story does continue on in the manga, I think the ending did a good job of tying most loose ends to the story and a pretty definite ending. Kinda like Ouran High School Host Club which still continued on after the Anime's ending in the Manga.
Though I really wouldn't mind if they continued making the anime series.
Come on Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama season 2!

HeroMan

Info:
It's a series with the story written by the god father of American comic books: Stan Lee and produced by the anime studio that made all sorts of good anime: BONES.
Basically, it's about a kid named Joey Jones who lives in Center City, West Coast, USA.
He loves superheros like any other kid and wishes to be one. One thing leads to another and he just might become a hero and save the world!

How I Started Watching It:
Hearing that Stan the Man was on the project, it peaked my interest. Also the art and animation is slick (good). For those who have watched Heroman and gave up on it around episode 8 because it seemed like a Saturday Morning Cartoon, let me tell ya something: You're really missin' out!
Why? Because from episode 9 and onwards the story become more refined and more “anime-like” in it's story telling. So how 'bout givin' HEROMAN another shot? ; )
Legally check it out here for FREE at CrunchyRoll.com  if you wanna see for yourself.

My Thoughts On How It Ended:
It's kinda like those happily ever after endings were all is good in the world (come on, what else would you expect?), but I think the ending was a fitting one for this series. Nice way to end the series.
But Wait! Because after the credits, there's a nice surprise.
I wanna say more but I don't want to spoil anything! >_<
Let me just say this: I think Heroman might have a good chance of having a second season. Not exactly sure if it will but I sure hope there is now.

K-On!!

Info:
It's about a group of school girls who decide to make there own band.
There's more to it than that, but I'm not sure how to word it at the moment. ^^;

How I Started Watching It:
I noticed that it was really (really) popular series among anime fans with all the fanart,discussions,items,cosplays,etc...
I couldn't help but wonder why, so I took it upon myself to check out the series that was sweeping the nation of Japan and even all the over here in the States.
To my surprise, after viewing the first episode I was hooked.
It's a strange phenomenon that a series like this could become so popular since it doesn't have a earth shattering story-line or anything like that. It's just a Slice-of-Life series.
But I think it has a lot to do with the characters and how they interact with each other throughout the series. It's kind reminds my of Lucky Star in that aspect...Maybe that's why I enjoyed it?

My Thoughts On How It Ended:
The ending was so sad! I thought was going to cry (real men don't cry :P).
It was so touching and sweet.
I gonna miss K-ON...
Though I wonder if it's possible for K-ON to have another season or to have a new series?
Especially since K-ON is a real big money maker when it comes to merchandise over in Japan.
I heard that from a news report awhile back and the numbers were Insane!
But I can't find the news report now... ^^;
So get ready, because if K-ON does continue... I believe it'll be called: K-ON The College Years.
You heard it here first, folks. :D

Final Thoughts:

Even with these shows ending, I look ahead and look forward to the future to see what other new shows I may find.
Surprisingly enough, this fall season looks promising (in certain aspects) with shows like Bakuman (with story and art by the creator of Death Note),the Iron Man anime ,The World Only God Knows , Panty and Stocking with Garter-belt, and some others.
I guess it's like they say: “Out with the Old and in with the New”.

No comments:

Post a Comment