Navigation

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Anti-Virus Fiasco


Yesterday when I went on to my computer and my anti-virus wanted to know if I wanted to go from 2009 to 2011. Of course I said yes.
So I download it and installed it.
When you install a new version of a program the old version is removed.
Well it removed my old version alright, but the new version never installed.
Because of this, I was left utterly defenseless. With no anti-virus I was left venerable to attack.
I tried to install it about 4 or 5 times to no avail.
That's when I called my Uncle (the computer wiz) and told him about my situation. 
I did a system restore, thinking that would solve the problem but it did not. 
So he gave me a drive with the original anti-virus program to install into the computer.
Thankfully that worked.
Hooray!
I can now continue on with my life. ;P

Just glad that fiasco is over...just hope I don't get another anytime soon. ^^;

*EDIT: It would appear I'm not the only one who's had AVG11 problems
Which my Uncle just brought to my attention. 

1 comment: