Navigation

Friday, August 6, 2010

Fanart Friday(s)!

Hey There and Welcome to Fanart Friday(s)!
Not sure if I'll be doing this every Friday or even on Fridays,or every week but I know I'm doing today.! :D
Anyway, Today I have two fanarts I recently (and not so recently) finished.
Click "Read More" to see more!
And Bigger Pictures!









First Up is
Ryomou Shimei
This is my fanart of Ryomou Shimei from Ikki Tousen (Battle Vixens) which is a series about some Chinese Emperors (?) being reincarnated into busty school girls that fight each other till their clothes fall off. It's story is supposedly loosely based on the classic Chinese novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
Truthfully I really didn't like the series, it's art was dated,it's main character Sonsaku Hakufu is a total retard, and the story for some reason or another really came off as really boring. I was only able to make it to episode 8 before I gave up.
The fanservice wasn't really a draw for me either.

Then why would I draw fanart from a series I didn't like?
Well, that's because one of the thing I did like was Ryomou Shimei who really struck me as cool when she first appeared in her unique maid outfit while using wrestling moves with a pair of handcuffs to beat a muscular guy into submission. Also her character seemed more fleshed out and less generic unlike most of the cast. She's totally cool!
Also the eye patch adds to her coolness.

As for the picture, I actually drew this a few months ago and just got to finishing it.
I experimented a little with the colors, like her outfit which I first colored in with colored pencils but then colored over it with the regular paint tool instead of what I usually use (like I colored the hair for example). Her outfit is a combination of a few of her outfits she's worn.
I also decided to add a background. Background aren't my strongest suit but I think it came out pretty good. :)

Next Up is
STAR WARS/BLEACH

Hi there,

I drew and finished this over 5 months ago and I'm now finally getting to posting this.
Wow.
Anyway, about the picture.
I'm a Star Wars fan and I'm a Bleach (not Clorox brand) fan.
So I thought "What would it be like to combine the two?"
Also I stumbled upon a cool site (http://www.keiichianimeforever.com/forfans/bleach/fontcreator.html) where you can make Bleach logo with your own text. So that's how I made the logo.
As for the rest of the picture, I wanted it to look like a manga (comic book) cover.
Here's a list of the characters if you can't guess:
Luke
Leia
Han
Obi-wan
Yoda
Darth Vader
Boba Fett
Emperor Palpatine

For the story:
A young man discovers he can see ghost and older man that most call crazy tells him the truth.
Luke is the descendant of a Soul Reaper who was killed by a Hollow named Darth Vader that wiped out most of the Soul Society.
Then begins his training in the ways of the Soul Reaper. Oh yeah, and a fellow class mate get's kidnapped by Hollows and taken to their world.

That's just a summery, I have longer and deeper story in mind. Maybe I should make a webcomic out of it?

Hope you all like them.

Comments And Constructive Criticism Welcome.

Art and Ideas By: AJV (me)
Bleach:Tite Kubo
Star Wars: George Lucas
Character Created By: YĆ«ji Shiozaki


No comments:

Post a Comment