Navigation

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Anime Series That Could've and Should've Lasted Longer.

With most Anime Series, I've been fine with their length and endings.
But there are some I think Could've and Should've Lasted Longer.

Here's my Top 5 Anime Series That Could've and Should've Lasted Longer.
So if ya wanna find out and still be Spoiler Free ,then you better Check it Out after the Jump! 

Skip Beat! 
Info:
It's about a wistful yet cheery 16 year old girl named Kyoko who lives with her childhood friend and music star Shotaro who ends up betraying her. Unlike most girls, she sheds little tears and instead vows vengeance on Shotaro. How will she go about this, you ask?
Well, She'll climb the showbiz ladder in order to become a bigger star than Shotaro in the hopes of revenge and finding herself in the end.

How I started Watching it:
It was one of the first anime series that I watched Subbed (subtitled) besides Naruto Shippuden when I began to really get in anime. I was getting bored of waiting for new episodes of Naruto and Skip Beat aired a few days before and Naruto was the only series I was really watching at the time, so while waiting I decided to to check out Skip Beat. I enjoyed Skip Beat immensely for it's characters and story. I also liked how it explored the entertainment industry and acting business.

Why It Could've & Should've Lasted Longer:
Like most anime, it started out as a manga (comic) which is still ongoing (I think) and then became an anime.
The Anime's First (and only) Season covered the first Story Arc and last aired on March 29, 2009.
Many people, including myself have hoped that they will make another Season because there is so much of the story left to tell. I've read a good portion of the manga where the anime left off and it's a shame the anime series didn't continue.
If you like, Check it out Here for free where you can watch it legally

School Rumble 
Info:
It's a romantic comedy about a naive school girl named Tenma who has a major crush on a fellow student Karasuma ,while the juvenile delinquent and total bad a$$ Harima is totally in love with Tenma. It's pretty much a "Love Triangle" and there's whole lott'a hilarity unlike other shows where it's all drama.

How I started Watching it: 
When I first went to watch this series, I thought it was going to be this show where students from different schools would fight each other and the cast consisted of mostly of female characters.
I liked School Rumble much more than what I thought it was going to be.
Especially after I saw what I just told you about above...I watched a few episodes of that and it was really lame. Though I did like the girl with the blue hair and eye-patch. That was it though.

Why It Could've & Should've Lasted Longer:
The Anime ended just as the Manga did and lasted for three seasons long with some OVAs in between. But the third season was only 3 episodes long instead of the usual 24 episodes per Season and because of that a lot of what happened between seasons 2 and 3 was left out. On the first episode of the 3rd Season they did try to recap what had happened between the two seasons. But what I and lot of fans of the series would have appreciated a full 3rd Season, but they did give us an definite ending.

Lucky Star
Info:
It's about some school girls (who are 17 years old but look like they're 10 years old) and how they go about their daily life in a humorous way with plenty of popular past and present manga and anime references in between. You could say it's like a Japanese Chibi version of Sinfield since there's no real plot.

How I started Watching it:
Hmm...You know, I can't exactly remember how...^^;  I think I saw part of an episode or something and the rest is pretty much history. But I remember it was before I'd seen my share of Anime Series, since I didn't always understand some of the jokes, but the visual gags helped. With it's quirky characters like (from left to right) Tsukasa (the Shy type), Konata (the Otaku which is an pretty much an Anime/Manga Nerd), Kagami (the Serious type), and Miyuki (the Smart Type) really make the series enjoyable.

Why It Could've & Should've Lasted Longer:
During the last couple of episodes I could tell that the series was drawing to a close and I think it ended quite nicely. I haven't read the manga but seeing that the manga had seven volumes I guess there could have been longer. But from what I can tell there's not many fans crying out for another seasons so I guess they're content with what they gave us.

Ouran High School Host Club








Info:
It's about a scholarship student named Haruhi who goes to the prestigious Ouran Academy when one day, while looking for a quite place to study she stumbles upon a music room where the
Ouran Academy Host Club, a group of six extremely attractive male students, gathers to entertain female "clients" and maybe some male "clients" on the side. After meeting them, romance and comedy ensue.
The Series satirizes the clichés and stereotypes that endure in shōjo (girl manga genre).

How I started Watching it:
Around when Youtube started to air anime series under it's "Shows" categories I was looking to see if there was anything that might peak my interest, then I stumbled upon Ouran Academy High School Host Club with it's slick looking art and cute n' cool characters.

Why It Could've & Should've Lasted Longer:
Like Lucky Star, it lasted for a season and had a good ending that let the rest be to the viewer's imagination.
But the manga continues on after the animes ending. I haven't read a whole lot of the manga but from what I've heard the creator is starting show which pairing she likes more to some fans disappointment  see Shipping .
I think it would've beee nice if they continued the series.

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun)
Info:
It's about a girl named Misaka Mikoto and her friends who fight crime with their esper powers in a city that has advanced technology called Academy City, where most of is citizens are students. Think of it as  something like X-men, but with cute school girls.

How I started Watching it:
I came across the series' opening one day, and I thought I'd check it out since it had a pretty cool opening.
I watched about about 3-4 episodes before I lost interest in it since there wasn't a whole action at first, but when I went back to it I really enjoyed it for it's story of friendship,action, and it's bit of science that was added to the mix. I also liked the art.

Why It Could've & Should've Lasted Longer:
This was one of my favorites anime series that was airing this season since the line-up was kinda bleak with all the Fanservice and Moe overloaded shows.
It was a good first season for Railgun even with the later half being Filler (from what I heard) that had a pretty sweet ending. But many of it's fan and myself hope to see the series continue (which it might!) to show the adventures of Misaka and her friends at Academy City.


So I hoped you all enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it.

I'd love to hear what you think.

Post your comments in the comment section below.

See Ya Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment